A toolkit of resources
What’s a living wage and why does it matter? We’ve pulled together some helpful resources on the subject.
Be sure to bookmark this page: we’ll be posting more Ontario-focused reports, videos and educational tools on this resource page in the coming months.
- 10 Ways To Close Ontario’s Gender Pay Gap: report looking at Ontario's persistent pay gap between men and women
- Corporate Social Responsibility and a Living Wage: report exploring the possible avenues for cooperation between the living wage movement and the broader corporate social responsibility community
- Enhancing Democratic Citizenship, Deepening Distributive Justice: report looking at the history of the minimum wage and living wage in Ontario and living wage as an essential tool in reducing income inequality
- A Living Wage as a Human Right: report on gender and living wage as a human right
- A Living Wage for Kingston: read our report about a living wage in Kingston
- Working for a Living Wage 2012: a report about what it takes to earn a living wage in BC
For more about the living wage campaign in BC: http://livingwageforfamilies.ca/
FACTSHEETS / INFOGRAPHICS
- Minimum vs Living Wage: download this shareable one page fact sheet on the living wage
- How to close the pay gap?: a shareable infographic on the gendered pay gap—done flow chart style
- What if the minimum wage was a living wage?: Trish Hennessy blogs about BC's living wage movement and what Ontario (and other provinces) can learn from it
- Living wage policy —why municipal governments should lead the way: brief commentary about the living wage campaign in BC