On November 18, 2010 CCPA celebrated its 30th anniversary with a conference entitled Advancing Democracy and Social Justice in Canada: The Next 30 Years.
Click on the speakers below to watch their talk.
Welcome: Heather-jane Robertson & Bruce Campbell, CCPA Vice President and Executive Director, respectively
Chair: Gerry Caplan
- Alex Neve, Director, Amnesty International-Canada
- Olivia Nuamah, Executive Director, Atkinson Foundation
- Professor Paul Saurette, University of Ottawa
- Kate Rexe, Director, Sisters in Spirit, Native Women’s Association of Canada
Lunch speaker: Linda McQuaig
Session Two: The Economy: From Recession to Recovery to Transformation
Chair: Mike McCracken, Chairman and CEO, Informetica Ltd
- Dean Baker, Co-director, Centre for Economic and Policy Research-Washington
- Jim Stanford, Economist, Canadian Auto Workers
- Armine Yalnizyan, Senior Economist, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Iglika Ivanova, Economist, CCPA, BC Office
- Audience Questions