The Enbridge pipeline isn't BC's only major environmental threat. Watch this short video to find out how the provincial Natural Gas Strategy (including fracking) makes it impossible for us to meet our legislated greenhouse gas reduction targets. Scroll down to learn more and take action.
- Clear Commitment to a Cooler Planet (Sierra Club and CCPA-BC)
- Premier Clark, Don't Give Away Our Fresh Water for Fracking (Fort Nelson First Nation)
- Call for a Bold Green Jobs Plan for BC (Green Jobs BC)
Read an open letter from leading environmental organizations, labour unions and other groups to BC's political parties: Re-commit to legislated greenhouse gas reduction targets; platforms must spell out climate actions
Read the news release about the open letter.
Read more from the Climate Justice Project about natural gas and GHG emissions:
- BC's Legislated Greenhouse Gas Targets vs Natural Gas Development: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Enbridge Pipe Dreams and Nightmares
- Fracking Up Our Water, Hydro Power and Climate: BC's Reckless Pursuit of Shale Gas