The September/October issue of the Monitor goes beyond party politics to look at the economic context and big issues framing this year’s federal election.
In this issue, progressive voices assess the Conservative government record and the state of Canada's democracy on the eve of the vote, while CCPA staff offer their policy ideas for the parties and next government. Here’s a sample of what’s inside:
- Editorial: Really real change. Know what I mean?, by Stuart Trew
- After October 19: The importance of being present beyond the election, by Fiona Jeffries
- Corporate power, deregulation and the threat to public safety, by Bruce Campbell
- Precarious employment is a parenting issue, by Ann Douglas
- Growing the Indigenous vote, by Lisa Forbes
- Battling political machines: Coming to a riding near your!, by Fenwick McKelvey
- Swing big, Canada: An election pitch, by Kate McInturff
Cover illustration by Jessica Fortner.