This submission to the BC Budget Consultations for 2018 includes:
- An overview of the BC economic and employment context and of the province's fiscal situation (including our estimates of BC’s underlying surpluses over the next three years).
- Our ideas for making BC’s tax system more fair.
- Our seven budget priorities for the 2018/19 fiscal year.
- Fund the implementation of a universal, affordable, quality child care plan.
- Introduce a comprehensive poverty reduction plan.
- Strengthen public education and health care.
- Make major investments in housing affordability.
- Expand climate action initiatives beyond the carbon tax.
- Provide stable, long-term funding for public transit.
- Improve the fairness of the provincial tax system.
These action items represent a detailed and eminently affordable plan for how the BC government can deliver on its promises to make life more affordable, provide the services that people need and build a strong, sustainable and innovative economy that works for all British Columbians.