In our July/August issue, the Monitor pulls back the curtain of rhetoric about trade and investment deals to expose and explain the sometimes complicated legal rules in these deals that give corporations incredible powers and undermine democratic decision-making globally.
Click the button above to download this issue of the Monitor, or peruse selected articles below.
Or better yet, try your hand at the video game we’ve created: can you stop the next wave of trade and investment lawsuits? Insert quarters here.
- Why State Invaders?, by Stuart Trew
- Investor vs. State, by Scott Sinclair
- The Big Heist: Canada continues to let billions leave the country tax free, by Paul Weinberg
- Escaping free trade, by Claude Vaillancourt
- Representing the invisible: Canadian Documentaries at Hot Docs 2015, by Chandra Siddan